I’m surprised this has such a high Goodreads rating. It was ok. Blake and Wyatt have know each other since they were kids, and their dads are best friends. They end up both staying at the their family’s shared compound at Lake Tahoe. Blake is there to nurse her wounds after getting cheated on by her boyfriend. Wyatt is a musician, and he’s there to try to overcome his writer’s block. Hooking up would be messy, and Wyatt tries to push her away by being an ass to her, but they can’t resist each other.
The family chat stuff was useless to me. Blake is not sure what to do with her life, but because she comes from a rich family who will support her no matter what, it didn’t feel like there was really any tension or stakes involved in her figuring things out. There was a side-plot about a ghost who haunted the lake, and that was interesting to a point. There was a lot of fluff in the book (like a family badminton tournament), and a glossed-over assault. Spoilers ahead - it includes the loss of a pregnancy, and I thought the depiction of Wyatt’s grief was good. I can’t remember if I’ve read any other books in this universe, but it was just so-so. (7)
Comments
Post a Comment