Micah was the lead singer in a successful band as a teenager, until it all fell apart. John and Micah were best friends growing up, and when the band imploded Micah essentially ghosted John. Now they are forced together, along with the three other band members, for a nostalgia cruise.
I like Alicia Thomason’s writing style. It’s told in alternating narratives between Micah and John, which worked for me. At one point Micah is introducing John on stage and he doesn’t hear what she says about him, and the author skillfully adds it later in the book, when Micah reaffirms that John is the heart of the band.
Micah’s previous relationship with another member in the band, Ryder, felt a little shaky and I was happy when he was punched and booted. Micah herself was unlikeable at times, and John was almost too understanding.
I read With Love, from Cold World a long time go, so I didn’t remember the characters from the book, but some were John’s roommates. The chemistry was good and it was a quick, easy read. (8.25)
Comments
Post a Comment