Skip to main content

Book 85 - Good Spirits by B.K. Borison

A sweet way to end the year. It took me a while to get into it, but once I did, I really loved it. I’m not big on anything paranormal typically, but this was a fun read.

Nolan is a Ghost of Christmas Past, sent to show Harriet York the error of her ways. But Harriet is a genuinely good person, so as they revisit the past, they’re both confused. Then they start revisiting his past, and it gets even murkier. 

I liked that others could see him too, and the description of his magic. I liked how he helped people-pleasing Harriet gain enough confidence to stand up to her cold family. I enjoyed watching them fall for each other, and I would have happily kept reading if the book was longer. (9)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book 73 - The Road to Tender Hearts by Annie Hartnett

This was a quirky read. I liked how unexpected things had a voice, like a baseball hat and especially the cat, Pancake, even if Pancake is a harbinger of death.  PJ Halliday is lucky enough to win the lottery, but unlucky enough to suffer the worst kind of loss - the death of his teenage daughter. She drowned in a cranberry bog, and PJ’s family fell apart soon after. He drinks to cope, and relies on his (living) daughter, ex-wife, and her steady boyfriend to keep him from completely crumbling. When his estranged brother’s children need a guardian, it’s like a second chance for PJ. He also learns that his high school sweetheart’s husband just died, so he decides to take the kids on a road trip to the Tender Hearts Retirement Center, where she lives, to try to win her heart. His daughter, Sophie, and Pancake join them too. The two kids, Ollie and Luna, are grieving the loss of their parents and getting used to PJ and Sophie as guardians. Luna has her own motive for the road trip - wa...